Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Work hard- Play hard (remember, kids do them at the same time)

I have been working so hard lately (and loving it) to create a workbook and portfolio of games for Raven. She is 5 and transitioning into kindergarden this fall. She attends head start, but we know from last year she does her best learning at home over the summer. Ideally I would like to create these so she can take them to school, or at the very least give me experience so I can collaborate with her teacher to make adapted activities that are pleasing and Helpful for Raven.

I started off laminating everything until Raven's TSS suggested using sheet protectors (you can purchase 10 for $1 at your local Dollar Tree!) Though they are not as thick (or strong) as the laminated sheets, they are much cheaper. Raven uses dry erase markers on each of these



Many of these were torn right out of preschool/kindergarden workbooks I purchased at the Dollar Tree. Others were downloaded from google search such as the connect the dots pages (I googles connect the dot 1-10) and the number worksheets were found on Pinterest *please stand-by, I am working to get my follow button to stop malfunctioning).

*Warning- these were all made to be printed from a borderless printer- adjust accordingly!
  *Add your child's name on the blank line- I used KG Primary Dots (Here). You could also use a pen/marker using dots or dashes for them to follow along.

Raven's second binder consists of prepositions/ descriptives for example "circle something sharp, green, in front of, or tall) *Raven's BSC made these so I haven't a clue where she got them from, sorry.

Raven also has an assortment of file folder games all found at Filefolderfun.com 

  • Apple Size Sequencing
  • Cupcake Counting
  • Noun & Verb Sequencing
  • Lady Bug Counting
  • Ice Cream Cone Button Counting--- I velcro'd color coordinating buttons on what appeared to be white circle sprinkles rather than having Raven velcro a small number onto the cones).
  • Pumpkin Alphabet Matching
  • Seal Color Matching

And FlashCards-- My daughter absolutely LOVES her flashcards! (I did not include pics because she has over 500 stuffed in a box that she shuffles through everyday *often spilling off the couch and onto the floor beneath it- Thanks my love). She is working on or has mastered, yet still reviews out of joy: rhyming, colors, shapes, nouns, number identification, counting, upper and lower case alphabet, emotions, what questions, inside outside (which we walked around taking pictures inside and outside our house!), fruits and veggies, sight words, and familiar names.

No comments:

Post a Comment