Sunday, August 18, 2013

NUMBER MATCHING FILE FOLDER GAME (FREE)

Ice Cream Cone Number Matching Game


     I recently discovered filefolderfun.com and I must say I am very impressed! The site offers free file folder games (which could be used in or out of the classroom). Raven has been working on counting for quite some time now, so it's no surprise that I downloaded every number game they had. I think I overwhelmed Raven in counting dots. She has the ladybug Garden Counting Game that her BSC downloaded from ABCteach.com (however after searching their website for an hour, I couldn't find it). She also has Cupcake Count (from Filefolder.com). I also downloaded an Ice Cream Count and Match game (from www.themeasuredmom.com) *This one I adapted though because we already had 2 (listed above) games exactly like it. Instead of printing the small white piece of paper with the number printed on it-- i collected buttons that I actually have laying around (I make bows for Raven- so I have LOTS of Buttons!!) and found enough buttons to match the colors of the ice cream scoops, put a wee piece of velcro on the ice cream scoop's dots and the back of the button and Voila a hands on counting and color matching game!

(See my pics of all games listed above--- HERE

We are still having resistance with counting- She can, but it is still a non-prefered activity. This is why I decided to try a straight NUMBER MATCHING GAME. Instead of matching a written number with an amount of dots Raven will have a game of matching a written # with another written #. (We really like taking a holistic approach to her education, the more ways we can get her to focus on subject the better!)


ICE CREAM SCOOPS

*These were made for a borderless printer- however the margins are set at 1/2".




ICE CREAM CONES

*you can print these and cut them out before gluing onto a file folder (make sure to cover in contact paper) or laminate the entire page and place in a binder with other similar games! Raven has file and binder games and likes both equally






Simply print all 3 sheets. Laminate the Ice Cream Scoops and either laminate or glue the Ice Cream Cones into a file folder. Place a piece of velcro about a 1/2" above the top, center of the cone and a piece of velcro on the back of the ice cream scoop. Then ENJOY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment